ExperienceAlexandra has a particular focus on defending claims of varying sizes and complexity against construction professionals (including claims made against Design and Construct policies). She also regularly defends claims against other professionals (including solicitors, accountants, IFAs, surveyors, brokers, insolvency practitioners and property managers), and advises insurers on policy coverage issues and disputes.
Alexandra's recent highlights include:
- resolving a multi-million pound, multi-party claim against insured architects in relation to a London property featured on the television programme "Grand Designs", where the property suffered serious and difficult to remedy water ingress in the basement;
- resolving a high value claim against insured quantity surveyors in relation to the refurbishment of a local hospital in the course of adjudication proceedings;
- dissuading a claimant from making a high value claim against insured structural engineers where the roof of a commercial building had lifted off in high winds;
- resolving a high value claim against insured architects in relation to critical delays affecting the refurbishment of a large London leisure centre;
- successfully striking out a claim by a commercial purchaser of residential properties against a surveyor on a complex point of law, which was a test-case for approximately 75 other potential cases;
- successfully defeating a multi-million pound insolvency application made by a bankrupt litigant-in-person against insured insolvency practitioners in the Court of Appeal, which raised numerous allegations of professional misconduct and sought to overturn the original Bankruptcy Order; and
- dissuading liquidators of a company from bringing a multi-million pound claim against the company’s auditors for failing to detect a large scale fraud through audits.