Our experience expands to:
- Acting for insurers in complex multiparty mesothelioma claims and in claims for asbestosis;
- Acting for local government authorities defending historical asbestos exposure claims, in particular mesothelioma;
- Litigation in superior state courts and Dust Disease Tribunals (a specialised asbestos jurisdiction providing streamlined processes);
- Resolving matters in alternative dispute resolution processes which have resulted in saving clients significant litigation costs;
- Retaining epidemiologists and other experts in the defence of these matters;
- Investigation services;
- Pursuing claims against manufacturers; and
- Broader respiratory disease including silicosis and coal workers' pneumoconiosis involving claims against employers and mine site operators.
To find out more about our work in this field, please contact Executive Partner Damien van Brunschot.